Sunday, June 9, 2013

Who Says You Can't Get Paid Taking Out the Trash?

You can! You really can! 

Okay, you won't always get paid to take out the trash, but today I took out my little grocery bag full of trash and next to the dumpster, along the side, was this penny! (I posed it next to some incense my friend gave me from her recent trip to Japan.)

Sure, it's just a penny, you say, but it's not the first coin I've found when taking out my trash. I remember once finding a dime right next to the recycling dumpster. Score!

Getting paid to take out the trash isn't a given. It won't happen every time, and when it does, it probably won't be much. But try it for yourself. All you have to do it look. 

So the next time (and the next time, and the next) you take out the trash, scope out the ground around the dumpster. If you have a house and have your own garbage cans instead of a communal dumpster, check the street near where you place the cans for the garbage truck to pick them up. You never know what you might find until you look!

Have you ever found money while taking out the trash?

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  1 penny

Year:  1978
U.S. Mint:  D   
Condition:  shiny, just starting to tarnish a little
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $15.85

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...