Monday, April 15, 2013

Found a Dime Under the Printer at the Library

Today I ran a bunch of errands:  mailed my tax payments, went to the dollar store, then went to the library. In between I went to a high school and walked around the parking lot.

Why, you ask? Because a reader of Found Money in the Street commented a week or so ago that they had found more than $200 this year already! Wow! 

They said they found a lot of money at car washes and high school parking lots. Well, I'm a monkey see, monkey do kind of gal, so I stopped at a couple of car washes last week. Didn't find a thing. And today it's nice out so I drove to a high school and parked a few blocks away. I walked over and walked around most of the parking lot. Nothing. 

Well, I did find a Coke can so I picked that up to add to my pile for recycling. I also shot a photo of this little guy. But no money. I think I need to go when the cars are gone! Doh.

Next, I went to the library to return some DVDs and this book.  Under the printer table was this dime! I scooped it up and did a photo reenactment at home (imagine blue carpet and it's very similar).
Have you found any money lately? Will you head out to a car wash or high school parking lot later today or tomorrow? 
 
This Found Money FACTS:      
Denomination: 1 dime
Year:  1973
U.S. Mint:  D
Condition: shiny and a little dirty
Total found money to date in 2013:  $4.22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...