Monday, April 23, 2012

A Dry Spell But I Finally Found Some Money

I hadn't found any money since last Tuesday. A definite dry spell for me. But this is to be expected, I guess. The weather is heating up here in Arizona. We've already had a 100+ degree day and it's just April! Yuck. And with the heat, I stay inside more. A lot more.

But today I had to run some errands. First I hit the post office. No found money there. Then I went to the bank where I convinced the banker to let me continue to have my checking account for free instead of charging me $15 a month (it worked since I told him it was entirely up to him; I could move my money to my credit union, no problem). Back in my car, I spotted a penny on the ground before I shut the door! Then I hit the grocery store and found a penny on the floor on the way out. Yay! Only two cents but I'll take it.

I watched Moneyball when I got home. I had no idea what it was about (well, I knew it had something to do with sports but that was it; I didn't even know what sport). Luckily it was about baseball, the least offensive of them all. And this movie was great! I loved it. Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill really worked well together, and Moneyball was a book first, based on the true story of using statistics and metrics to choose ball players. I'd recommend it highly. 
What about you? Found any pennies (or bigger denominations) lately? 

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  2 pennies
Year:  2005, 2010
U.S. Mint:  D, D
Condition:   one is scratched and tarnished, one is fine and dandy
Total found money to date for 2012:  $3.52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...