Thursday, April 26, 2012

Banner Day! I Found 9 Pennies!

Most Thursdays, I watch two of my grandkids in the evening. On the drive there, I go to the Scottsdale library, which is on the way. I've never found much money there (a penny, once, I think), but today while walking from the parking lot in to the library, I spotted four pennies on the sidewalk! I scooped them up, went inside to return a DVD and pick up a few more. Then on my way out, I saw another penny near where I'd found the others. I must have missed it, so that made five pennies! I was thrilled! 

Then I went to Hobby Lobby, which is also on the way, and while walking to the store, I spotted four pennies in the parking lot! Woo hoo! I was pretty much shocked! It's rare for me to find more than one coin at a time and to find these two sets of four pennies was something! 

I'm reading Believing the Lie by Elizabeth George and am 100 pages away from finding out whodunit. I love her Inspector Lynley books, but they are long! I'll finish this tonight (if I can stay awake) or tomorrow.

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  9 pennies
Year:  1981, 1987, 1995, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2012, 2012
U.S. Mint:  none, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, D
Condition:  range from tarnished to bright and shiny
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $3.61

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...