My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Let This Digital Bank Count Your Found Money

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Banner Day! I Found 9 Pennies!

Most Thursdays, I watch two of my grandkids in the evening. On the drive there, I go to the Scottsdale library, which is on the way. I've never found much money there (a penny, once, I think), but today while walking from the parking lot in to the library, I spotted four pennies on the sidewalk! I scooped them up, went inside to return a DVD and pick up a few more. Then on my way out, I saw another penny near where I'd found the others. I must have missed it, so that made five pennies! I was thrilled! 

Then I went to Hobby Lobby, which is also on the way, and while walking to the store, I spotted four pennies in the parking lot! Woo hoo! I was pretty much shocked! It's rare for me to find more than one coin at a time and to find these two sets of four pennies was something! 

I'm reading Believing the Lie by Elizabeth George and am 100 pages away from finding out whodunit. I love her Inspector Lynley books, but they are long! I'll finish this tonight (if I can stay awake) or tomorrow.

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  9 pennies
Year:  1981, 1987, 1995, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2012, 2012
U.S. Mint:  none, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, D
Condition:  range from tarnished to bright and shiny
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $3.61

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails