Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Recycled Cans and Scrap Metal and Found 2 Cents

Today I finally rounded up my aluminum cans I've been picking up for months and headed to the recycling center. I had a lot of cans and some scrap metal that I'd picked up with my trusty magnet.

This photo shows the receipt and cash ($16.65!) that I got for my junk, plus two pennies I found while I was out and about.

On the way to the recycling center, I spotted a penny on the road ahead of me. Yay! Found money in the street! Luckily, I had to stop right next to it so I opened the door and snapped it up! 

Then at the recycling center parking lot, I saw the other penny half buried in the dirt. Of course, I snapped it up, too.

I was happy with my haul! Do you recycle? Do you take it to cash it in?

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  2 pennies
Year:  1981, 1985
U.S. Mint:  D, D

Condition:  both tarnished
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $17.18

1 comment:

  1. My dad works construction (at 72) and saves and strips copper wire, spools and spools, by hand.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...