Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's Raining Pennies!


This morning is rained again. Yay! I love it. It really poured this time and flooded the sidewalks. After it stopped, I decided to take another walk. We just don't get that many days that cool down here till September or so, so off I went.

I headed south this time since I rarely walk that way. I was walking on a busy street, well, on the sidewalk, that had lots of commercial buildings, so I walked into a parking lot and scoped it out for money. Nothing.


I walked on and headed to the next parking lot. I spotted this penny in the rocks up by some trees. 

Then I found another penny in the parking lot!
I walked on and look what I saw! Yes, a hen and her chicks were out for a walk too! They were so cute. 
I walked on toward home and veered into another parking lot, and I found this penny! It started sprinkling so I headed home. It felt so good to be out in the rain! If I'd had a nice umbrella like this with me, I could have just strolled all day! 
So, it didn't really rain pennies but maybe the rain washed them clean so I could see them. Who knows? I'm just happy I found them!

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  3 pennies
Year:  ?, 2005, 2010
U.S. Mint:  ?, none, D

Condition:  one is very tarnished, dark, and unreadable, one is shiny, and one is slightly tarnished
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $17.15

2 comments:

  1. Have you walked gas stations, especially near car washes/vacuum cleaners? I see a lot of change there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I'm near them, for sure! I have found money in the islands where the pumps are. Others have posted that they find money at car washes. Good tip!

      Delete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...