My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Magnet Walk Nets Phoenix Woman a Penny and a Dime

Today I decided to get out and enjoy this cool weather. I grabbed my industrial strength magnet (that's it in the photo... it's a strong magnet on a stick. I love it!) and took off. I went down an alley figuring I'd get fewer stares. Well, turns out I also found tons of junk that way! I found tons of rusty nails and what not.

It's such a satisfying sound when a piece of metal clinks and attaches to the magnet. I found this penny next to a garbage can.

I kept going and kept finding stuff:  bottle caps, pieces of wire, part of a tiny saw blade, even a railroad tie and yes, the magnet picked it up! Then I found a dime next to another garbage can.

Note to self:  Check the ground around garbage cans for coins.

Any luck finding money for you?

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination: 1 penny, 1 dime
Year:  2004, 1981
 U.S. Mint:  D, D
Condition:  Shiny for having been in an alley, dirty like it's been in an alley
How much found money to date: $2.90 in 2011

1 comment:

  1. well no wonder i didnt find anything yesterday you were busy scooping up all the luck. :) love your finds and that magnet....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails