My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you! It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Eleven Cents at Frys

I stopped by Fry's grocery store today after I went to the post office to mail a book I sold on Amazon and to ship an Etsy item I sold. Then I hit a yard sale. I don't go to yard sales in the heat of summer. I have no idea if people even have yard sales here in the summer, but I seriously doubt it. The weather in Arizona in the Fall, Winter, and Spring is much more conducive to yard sales (or being outside at all). I found this cute crocheted potholder at the yard sale. Check out my Squidoo article Vintage Potholders to see more of these beauties. I just love them!

Then I went to Fry's. I was just going to get some milk to make potato soup tonight but of course ended up getting a cart and stocking up on stuff they had on sale. Since it's cooled off, soup sounds really good. I made vegetable beef soup over the weekend, but it's all gone. So, when I went to check out, I spotted the dime in a check out lane. Then as I was leaving the store, I saw this penny! I snatched them right up.

What kind of money have you found lately?

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination: 1 penny, 1 dime
Year:  1986, 2008
 U.S. Mint:  P, D (Did you see that? The dime has a P mint mark!! The dime was minted in Philadelphia! I rarely find coins with the P mark!!!)
Condition:  shiny, tarnished
How much found money to date: $2.76 in 2011

2 comments:

  1. i usually find money every day :) i walk and ride my bike more than drive...last year my friend and i found over 55 bucks!
    yesterday i found 35 cents i got you beat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you sure do have me beat! I don't find much, but I blame the economy. (wink wink)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails