Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Phoenix Tarpits or How I Found 7 Cents Stuck in the Pavement

Today when I went to volunteer, I saw three pennies stuck (but not TOO stuck) in the hot tar in the parking lot. I used my car key since it's the longest and sturdiest and pried them up. I had a tissue in my purse luckily because they were literally a hot mess. The sides facing down are mostly black and sticky, but I don't care. Found money is found money.

When I was done recording a fascinating book on travel marketing, on the way out to my car, I spotted four more pennies! None of these were stuck; they were just lying on the pavement waiting for me to pick them up. Someone was hemorrhaging pennies this morning!

I went about my errands, to the post office and then the grocery store, thinking "hot dog, I found seven cents!" But when I got home, I spotted two more pennies in the parking lot. Hot diggity! Nine cents!

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  9 pennies
Condition:  dirty, tarry, sticky, worn, tarnished
How much found money to date:  $.93 in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...