My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Phoenix Tarpits or How I Found 7 Cents Stuck in the Pavement

Today when I went to volunteer, I saw three pennies stuck (but not TOO stuck) in the hot tar in the parking lot. I used my car key since it's the longest and sturdiest and pried them up. I had a tissue in my purse luckily because they were literally a hot mess. The sides facing down are mostly black and sticky, but I don't care. Found money is found money.

When I was done recording a fascinating book on travel marketing, on the way out to my car, I spotted four more pennies! None of these were stuck; they were just lying on the pavement waiting for me to pick them up. Someone was hemorrhaging pennies this morning!

I went about my errands, to the post office and then the grocery store, thinking "hot dog, I found seven cents!" But when I got home, I spotted two more pennies in the parking lot. Hot diggity! Nine cents!

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  9 pennies
Condition:  dirty, tarry, sticky, worn, tarnished
How much found money to date:  $.93 in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails