Wednesday, April 27, 2011

True Found Money in the Street

Today I rode my bike since the TV news said the temperature was 74. That's cool for this place. It was windy and pleasant enough but boy is it hot now. I will turn on the air conditioner in an hour or so till about 7 p.m. Ugh. A sign of what's to come.

First on my bike ride,  I found this half an egg in the road. The color is not so hot here, but in person, it was a lovely blue. So, I guess it might be a robin's egg.

Then, a few blocks later, I found this penny, literally (as Rob Lowe says on Parks and Recreation, pronouncing it "litrally") in the street. It must have been there for awhile because it's one beat up coin, but that's okay. Every penny adds up. I'm at 84 cents so far this year and it's almost the end of April. This time last year, I had found just 41 cents. Yes, the economy is improving!
Have you found any money lately?

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  no clue
U.S. Mint:  Denver
Condition:  beat up bad
How much found money to date:  $.84 in 2011

2 comments:

  1. Wow, pretty soon you'll have to get one of those change-sorting gadgets to handle all the coins you are finding.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...