Thursday, May 19, 2011

Brand Spanking New 2011 Penny

I am loving the weather we're having this week. Highs in the 70s and 80s. Yes! Yesterday the high was 77, which on the news they said is 17 degrees below the normal average for May in Phoenix. And it rained! It so seldom rains here that I really miss it and enjoy when it does.

I took advantage of the perfect weather--cool air, a light breeze--and rode my bike to run some errands this morning. First I went to the post office, then the bank, where I did find some money but I had to give them a withdrawal slip to get it, then to the library. I didn't find any money at any of these places, but I took my time riding home.

I rode up a driveway that leads to some office buildings with a bridge over the road. There was a pond with some of those monster goldfish (koi maybe?). The whole area was like a park, very pretty and quiet, but my camera battery died before I could get close up photos of the fish and the pond.

So, I rode around some more, in no hurry to get home. It felt that good to be outside, and I know that soon (maybe next week), it'll heat up to 100+ here and I won't want to be outside at all let alone riding my bike. So I rode through the office building's parking spaces, up and down the aisles, looking for money. Hey, why not? And look what I found!

Yes, this shiny, brand new 2011 Lincoln penny. And how fitting that on a nice day, I would find a new pretty penny; this makes $1.00 that I've found this year!

Have you found any money lately? This year?

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  2011
U.S. Mint:  D
Condition:  shiny and new
How much found money to date:  $1.00 in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...