My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Let This Digital Bank Count Your Found Money

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Found 17 Cents at the Store and on a Walk

This morning I went to the grocery store since I was out of milk, fresh fruit and vegetables, you know the drill. Anyway, I found a penny on the floor as I was leaving the store.

Then later this afternoon I walked to Sprouts for their double ad Wednesday sales. On the way, I didn't find a plug nickel (nor a regular nickel or anything else), but on the walk home I found two pennies in the street, three pennies at a gas station, another penny in the street, a nickel in a drive through lane, and a nickel in a parking space in front of an Ace hardware store. 

A worker was out front and saw that I found some money, and we got to talking. He said, "It's always good to find silver money," when I told him I found a nickel. I agreed. Then he told me that one time he found a $100 bill! He was in line at a store and dropped a dollar bill and when he reached down to pick it up, he saw a bill folded into a tiny shape. He put it in his pocket and later unfolded it and saw that it was a $100 bill! 

So cool! The most I've found was a $20 bill once. How about you? What's the largest denomination of money you've found?

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  7 pennies, 2 nickels
Year:  too many to mess with
U.S. Mint:  ditto
Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished
Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $29.68

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails