Thursday, October 25, 2012

Found a Penny at the Desert Botanical Garden

Today I went to the Desert Botanical Garden with my daughter-in-law and two grandkids. We rode the hay wagon and the kids got to pick out a pumpkin. There were lots of games and crafts and a petting zoo with a miniature horse, three goats, chickens, and  a pig! Plus we visited the butterfly exhibit. Lots of fun! 

And while we were walking back to the parking lot, I spotted a penny!

Here's a photo of a sculpture on display at the garden. Interesting, huh? I'm not sure what it is. Most of the others were cactus. The sign said it was a sculpture by Carolina Escobar. The name? Untitled. That helps a lot!

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination: 1 penny
Year:  Series 2004

U.S. Mint:  D
Condition:   tarnished, dirty
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $14.10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...