Sunday, October 28, 2012

Found Eleven Cents

Today the power went off after a loud "BOOM" so I decided to go run a few errands. Of course the gate wouldn't open since the power was off so I was trapped in my complex. But a couple of guys got 'er done. They took the cover off the motor mechanism and turned some little crank to open the gate. Yay!

I went to Fry's and found a penny in an empty checkout lane. Yay! Then I went to Dollar Tree and found a dime on the floor while waiting in line to check out. Yay!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to go with a Fairy Princess and Ninja to trick or treating at the library. What fun! I made these costumes for my grandkids. 

I started with a dress pattern for the princess dress. My granddaughter helped design the fairy belt we made from eyelet ribbon with rick rack and ribbon sewn around it. 

Mr. Ninja's outfit started from a pajama pattern. I altered it so the top wrapped around, and I made two "head pieces":  a scarf/hat and a piece to cover his mouth. What fun!

They each picked out the fabric at the fabric store, choose their accessories (belt and ninja gear for him, and wings and wand for her). We had lots of fun making these special costumes!
 
This Found Money Facts:
Denomination: 1 penny, 1 dime
Year:  2008, 2004
U.S. Mint:  D, D
Condition: both nice and shiny
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $14.21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...