Friday, October 12, 2012

Found a Dime at an Intersection

Today while I was driving home from the Barry Goldwater Memorial Park, I was stopped at an intersection. I spotted something out the side window. It was sort of round. It looked sort of like a coin. 

And since there were no other cars around, I put my car in park and got out to get whatever it was. It was this dime! It's a mess. But it's a dime! Oh, the little guys posing with the dime are thimble ghosts.

The little park is very small but had a very large statue of Goldwater and other neat features like two of his statements carved in some gorgeous rock on the floor of the walkway and little plaques on the rock walls.


What about you? Have you spotted any money lately? If so, did you pick it up?

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination: 1 dime
Year:  Series 19??

U.S. Mint: P
Condition:  dinged, scratched, dented, a real mess
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $13.85

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...