Sunday, September 16, 2012

Watched Someone Drop a Penny and I Got It

Today I ran some errands including going to the gas station. I don't drive much so only fill up every 3 or 4 weeks usually. The pump wasn't working right; I couldn't change the choice of gas from diesel to regular unleaded. So I had to go inside to have the cashier void my credit card at the pump. 

While I was standing in line, there was a woman and a man in line in front of me. The woman (a girl really in her teens or early 20s maybe) dropped a penny when she got her change. She knew she dropped it but left without picking it up. Then the guy paid for his lottery tickets. He didn't pick it up either! 

SCORE! This is the first time I've seen someone drop money and just ignore it. Amazing! That explains a lot about why there's so much change floating around, I guess.


Have you dropped any money or found any money lately?


This Found Money Facts:
Denomination: 1 penny
Year:  1979
U.S. Mint:  D
Condition:  tarnished
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $8.47

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...