Friday, May 11, 2012

Found a Penny in a Healing Garden

Well, I don't know about you but I thought I was never going to find another coin! Finally!

My friend Barb told me about a place they went for a World Tai Chi day, the Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale. She said the grounds were very pretty and she thought it was okay to just go and walk around. So, being a little antsy this morning, I did.

I should have gone earlier because it was 11:30 when I got there and it was hot already. Probably 90, which is nothing compared to the 110+ days we'll be having but still, to be outside, walking around, it's hot. 
Anyway, near the front parking lot where I parked, there was a healing garden, so I took myself over there and walked around the paths. The archway photo shows the entrance. It was nice--lots of paths bordered with stones and flowers and of course, cactus.

Several seating areas were arranged for people who go on retreats there, I'm sure, to sit and reflect or to think or to balance their checkbooks. You know, just a place to sit. Near one of the benches around a little fountain I spotted this penny! I debated whether to take it but it was just lying on the ground. It wasn't like it was sitting on an altar or something.

I also saw more lizards in one place than I've ever seen before. Weird. And they were big boys! Here's one. Check out his tail!

Have you found any money lately?

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:?
U.S. Mint:  ?
Condition:  tarnished, green in places
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $5.80

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...