Sunday, May 20, 2012

Found a Penny at Fry's

Today I ran to Fresh and Easy to check out their deals. I knew I'd also have to go to Fry's, but when I was ready to pay, I couldn't find my credit card. Crap! I emptied my purse, and it wasn't in there. If I couldn't find it, I wouldn't be going to Fry's. 

I knew the last place I used it was yesterday Goodwill. So, I tried to pay for my groceries using my debit card, but I never use it and couldn't remember my pin. I tried three different ones and then I got the big fat message saying "three strikes, you're out." Luckily I had enough cash with me, so I paid and headed over to Goodwill. I figured they closed at 5 or 6 p.m. on Sunday. It was after 6, of course.

When I got there, the lights were on and someone was mopping the floor. Several other people thought they were still open and came to the door and tried it, but it was locked. I knocked on the window and told the guy I had a question. He was nice enough to come over and open the door. I told him my name and that I thought I'd left my credit card there the day before. He went to get the manager and then was back in a few minutes. He said she had it and would bring it out in about 5 minutes. Hooray! 

I got my credit card and headed over to Fry's. Man, was I relieved, let me tell you.

It was really my lucky day. First I found that nickel in the parking lot then I got my credit card back and I spotted a penny on the floor at Fry's. Woo hoo!

Have you had any lucky days lately? Let us know! 

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  2003
U.S. Mint:  D
Condition:  fair to middlin'
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $5.94

2 comments:

  1. No found money today...at least not that I remember LOL
    I found a whole penny on the ground at the grocery store yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...