Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Found 26 Cents Today!

Today I found 26 cents! First, I headed over and volunteered then went to the bar where they're holding bottle caps for me. As far as I knew, I hadn't found any money.

Then I went to the post office, the real post office because yesterday I went to the small annex post office in the gift store where I usually go. I needed to mail something internationally that I sold on Etsy but was informed that I could no longer hand write the customs form! The clerk said I had to go online to the USPS Web site, fill in the form online, print it out, and bring it back to the post office. Somehow I was also supposed to magically know how much the package weighed so I could type that information into the form too. Since I had the package with me, he weighed it, but come on!

I was livid! I don't have a postal scale, just a big girl scale that doesn't show ounces, so I gritted my teeth and got online, signed up for a USPS account, filled in the form, printed it, and went today to the regular post office instead of the annex to see what they'd ask for. Come to find out, the annex does require customs forms to be printed (not hand written), but you can still go to a post office and hand write a customs form. Wonder which genius dreamed up this new rule?

So, if you come across the need to mail something internationally, you've been warned. I like going to the annex post office because the lines are never very long, but in the future I'll go to a real post office if I have to ship internationally. 

Then I went home. Relieved to be in out of the heat. 


Then I remembered I needed to go to Sprouts for some fruits and vegetables. Wednesday is their double ad day meaning that last week's ad and the coming week's ad are honored, so I can always find lots of stuff on sale. I ventured back out and stocked up on produce. When I was walking up to the front of the store to pay, I spotted a penny on the floor.

Then I got home and washed the bottle caps. When I spread them out to dry on a towel, I found a quarter! So, I'm keeping it. They save the bottle caps for me a big glass jar, and I bet some inebreated gentleman tossed it in there, so woo hoo for me!

What about you? Found any money lately?

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  1 penny, 1 quarter
Year: 2003, 2001
U.S. Mint:  D, none
Condition:  okey doke
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $6.71

2 comments:

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...