Sunday, January 8, 2012

Found Six Pennies and One's Canadian and Bent!

Today I set off with my trusty magnet on a stick for a walk. The weather is perfect. In the 70s and actually warm in the sun, but there was a good breeze once in a while. Lovely! I walked past the penny stuck in the street that I mentioned last week. I added a picture of it. Not very exciting but figured I'd memorialize it before it is so embedded or they surface over it and it's lost forever.

I kept walking and in one spot found four pennies! Then I walked on home and found the crazy bent Canadian penny in the street. It's the one in the photo below with the lovely maple leaf (and it's bent. See?). Then I put my magnet in my car when I got home and spotted another penny in the parking lot!

Have you spotted any money lately? Do tell!

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  6 pennies
Year:  American:  2000, 2002, 2005, 2006, ?; Canadian:  1978
U.S. Mint:  American:  D, D, D, D, ?; Canadian:  ? Do they have mint marks?
Condition:   Varying stages but mostly very tarnished, one bent!
How much found money to date: $.32 in 2012

2 comments:

  1. i found seven pennies today. although i put one back because it was trashed around the edges. it wasn't until i put the trashed one back that i saw the other 6 laying near each other. it's fun finding money...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I never put any found money back! Tell me where it is and I'll go fetch it!

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...