Thursday, September 18, 2014

Found a 1942 Mercury Dime Plus More Coins

Today I ran some errands and while out here's what I found:
  • a dime on the floor at the dollar store
  • a penny in the parking lot of the dollar store
  • a penny on the floor at the grocery store
  • a 1942 Mercury dime under the coin machine at the grocery store
  • a dime on the grocery store floor
I was so thrilled to find so many coins but especially the 1942 Mercury dime! Woo hoo! I looked it up and it appears to only be worth about $2 but that's okay. I'll keep this coin separate. I'll put in a pinch dime, sort of like a pinch hitter, in my found money jar.

Have you ever found older coins just lying around? I think they're treasures! Checkout these instant treasures:
     

Denomination:  2 pennies; 3 dimes
Year:   pennies:  1983, 1995; dimes:  1942, 2004, 2011
U.S. Mint:  pennies:  none, D; dimes:  none, D, D
Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished
Total Found Money in 2014 to Date:  $31.04


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...