My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Found a 1942 Mercury Dime Plus More Coins

Today I ran some errands and while out here's what I found:
  • a dime on the floor at the dollar store
  • a penny in the parking lot of the dollar store
  • a penny on the floor at the grocery store
  • a 1942 Mercury dime under the coin machine at the grocery store
  • a dime on the grocery store floor
I was so thrilled to find so many coins but especially the 1942 Mercury dime! Woo hoo! I looked it up and it appears to only be worth about $2 but that's okay. I'll keep this coin separate. I'll put in a pinch dime, sort of like a pinch hitter, in my found money jar.

Have you ever found older coins just lying around? I think they're treasures! Checkout these instant treasures:
     

Denomination:  2 pennies; 3 dimes
Year:   pennies:  1983, 1995; dimes:  1942, 2004, 2011
U.S. Mint:  pennies:  none, D; dimes:  none, D, D
Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished
Total Found Money in 2014 to Date:  $31.04


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails