Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Found a Penny in Change Tray at Fresh and Easy

Today I went to volunteer then to Fresh and Easy. I didn't have my weekly coupon with me but didn't plan to buy a lot, but once I got there, I was sucked in by the free turkeys! If you buy $30 worth of groceries, you get a free turkey! So, I replaced my little green basket I was carrying with a grocery cart and proceeded to shop.


I needed everything I bought and got a $9 turkey for free. I tried to find the smallest one and think I did. It is a 12 pounder, but there were 21-pound turkeys in the freezer so it's really a good deal!


I spotted this penny in a change tray as I was getting my cart. Ta da! It's got a nice green patina going!

Have you found any money lately? Have you bought your turkey yet?

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  1974

U.S. Mint:   none
Condition:  tarnished green
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $14.65

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...