Friday, November 9, 2012

Found a Nickel at Wal-Mart

Today I went to Wal-Mart to buy lead for my grandson's mechanical pencil. I couldn't find any but they did have mechanical pencils (with lead in them) so I got him a package of those. If he wants to, he can take the lead out and put it in his!


I was walking around the store because I didn't have a list and in stores like that I'm generally overwhelmed with all the stuff and can't remember if I might need something else till I get home again. Under one of the display shelves, I spotted this nickel!


Then I went over to the food area and picked out a few superfoods (sweet potato, salmon, eggs) and some not so superfoods (mozzarella cheese, bananas, tomato soup, tea). I've been reading the book The Drop 10 Diet which lists the superfoods and all but the sardines sound pretty good to me! 

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  1 nickel
Year:  1999

U.S. Mint:  D
Condition: shiny
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $14.48

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...