Friday, August 22, 2014

Found 5 Pennies But Only Brought Home 2

Tonight I was able to go for another short walk since the weather is cooperating! I love that the worst of the heat seems to be behind us, at least for now.

So, on my walk I turned a corner and almost immediately saw something shiny in the street. It was round so I figured with luck it was a coin or maybe a washer or something else. Sure enough, it was a penny. An embedded penny. Then I walk on and found another. Then about half a block away, another. Dang! I was disappointed to say the least.

Then I was stopped at a corner and spotted two more pennies in the street. These were just sitting there though so I was able to pick them up and bring them home! Yippee!

Here's an article I wrote recently about the Old Town Scottsdale trolley in case you'd like to check it out.

Have you found any money lately?

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  2 pennies
Year:  pennies:  too scratched up
U.S. Mint:  ditto
Condition:  scratched and shiny
Total Found Money in 2014 to Date:  $28.71

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...