My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Took Out the Trash, Found Four Pennies

I'd been inside all day working on a book I'm copy editing. I rewarded myself by taking a break to take out the trash just now. Woo hoo, I know how to live!

After I dumped the bag of trash in the dumpster, I walked around the parking lot looking for coins. I spotted one penny then in another spot next to a truck I found the other three. Yay!

I propped them up with some gummy bears. Then I ate the bears. I don't care that the coins are dirty. As my mom used to say, "You've got to eat a peck of dirt before you die."

How about you? Have you found any money lately? Eaten any dirt?

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination: 4 pennies
Year: 1980, 1993, 2003, 2005
U.S. Mint:  none, D, D, D
Condition:  a range from shiny to purty dirty
Total Found Money to Date for 2012:  $7.22

4 comments:

  1. I found a nickel and a penny in the parking lot near my car yesterday and yes, I picked them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I can't understand when people say they DON'T pick up money!

      Delete
  2. A friend with a cruel sense of humor said he glued a quarter to the floor just so he could laugh when people tried to pick it up. I guess most people will bend over for a quarter.

    I need the exercise, so I'll bend down to pick up a penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've heard of that trick. I've dug coins out of tar, so yep, I'd fall for it. I can use the exercise too. It's not quite a workout but if I found more coins, that would be a great workout I'd actually enjoy doing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails