Friday, December 9, 2011

Found 77 Cents!

Today I went to Ace Hardware to get a spare key made. When I was done, I decided to take my trusty magnet on a stick out of the trunk and walk around the large parking lot and behind the buildings (there's also a Food City, an auto parts store, and a bowling alley in the complex) to see what I could find.

Well, what I found was a bunch of metal junk and 77 cents! I was shocked and amazed! There is an empty building in one corner of the parking lot and in the dirt next to building I found the majority of this money. I found one quarter in the parking lot, a nickel in the street when I glanced over while walking on the sidewalk. Ta da! Jackpot!!

Have you found any money these days? This has convinced me I need to hit more parking lots! Why not?

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  2 quarters, 1 dime, 1 nickel, 12 pennies
Year:  1996, ?, ?, 2006, 2006, 11 pennies = ?
 U.S. Mint:   D, ?, ?, D, D, 11 pennies = ?
Condition:  the nickle looks brand spanking new, the rest are in various stages of filthy dirty
How much found money to date: $4.61 in 2011

1 comment:

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...