Thursday, March 24, 2011

Found a Penny and Smelled the Air

I rode my bike to run some errands again this morning. The weather in Phoenix is PERFECT! In the 70s and cool at night. I sure wish it stayed closer to this more of the year. Any way, I found this penny at Big Lots! when I was standing in line to check out. I didn't take a picture then because it was my turn and I would have had to dig my camera out of my backpack, so I didn't.

I did a reenactment of the penny lying on the floor outside by my bike. Then on the way home I enjoyed smelling the air. This has to be the best smelling city I've ever been too, at least when all of the fruit trees are blooming. Riding my bike by them and getting a big whiff of that fruity fragrance is heavenly.

Speaking of fruit, I'm on my third bag of grapefruit this year. People put grapefruit out on the curb in bags and sell them for $1. I am addicted to this last batch. I ate three grapefruit yesterday. They are delicious!

Have you found any money lately? Any fruit?

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  2005
U.S. Mint:  Denver
Condition:  A little dirty
How much found money to date:  $.65 in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...