Thursday, March 31, 2011

Found a Penny and a Bird of Paradise

I rode my bike this morning to mail a bill and rode around the neighborhood a while. I saw this beautiful bird of paradise in a yard. I have seen a few of them here in Phoenix this year but had only seen them in California before. They are a gorgeous flower!

Then when I got home, I rode up and down the parking lot and spotted this penny in an empty parking spot. Score!

Click this link if you want to see what other plants I saw blooming on my bike ride. It's supposed to get up to 97 here tomorrow, ugh, so I have a feeling the beautiful blooming plants won't last much longer. So sad.

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  2006
U.S. Mint:  Denver
Condition:  brown around the edges, shiny in the middle
How much found money to date:  $.78 in 2011


1 comment:

  1. One penny at a time.....that's what it takes! Love reading of your treasure hunts, Peggy! :) We are lucky to have a Bird of Paradise plant and a big bunch of Aloe in our backyard and that fact is much appreciated by us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...