My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Let This Digital Bank Count Your Found Money

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

11 Cents and a Sunk Shopping Cart

I was sitting here working on a book I'm editing and was about to fall asleep. I have no idea why; it's so exciting! So, I rode my bike up to the Everything's 99 Cent store. On the way I found a dime at an intersection then  a little farther up the street, I found a penny!

I stopped on an overpass looking down into a canal. It's so rare to see water in Phoenix other than in my drinking glass that I decided to stop. I took this picture of today's found money. I set the money on the ledge. That's the green water in the background.

Upon closer inspection, I spotted this sunk shopping cart. Yeah, it's a great part of town. The 99 Cent store was crowded and I didn't want to leave my bike locked out front too long so I rushed in and got a few things and was back on the ride home within 10 minutes.

Have you found any money lately? Share your found money with us.

 This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 dime, 1 penny
Year:  2002, 1981
U.S. Mint:  both Denver
Condition:  the dime is fine, the penny is gnarly
How much found money to date:  $.76 in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails