Sunday, March 27, 2011

11 Cents and a Sunk Shopping Cart

I was sitting here working on a book I'm editing and was about to fall asleep. I have no idea why; it's so exciting! So, I rode my bike up to the Everything's 99 Cent store. On the way I found a dime at an intersection then  a little farther up the street, I found a penny!

I stopped on an overpass looking down into a canal. It's so rare to see water in Phoenix other than in my drinking glass that I decided to stop. I took this picture of today's found money. I set the money on the ledge. That's the green water in the background.

Upon closer inspection, I spotted this sunk shopping cart. Yeah, it's a great part of town. The 99 Cent store was crowded and I didn't want to leave my bike locked out front too long so I rushed in and got a few things and was back on the ride home within 10 minutes.

Have you found any money lately? Share your found money with us.

 This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 dime, 1 penny
Year:  2002, 1981
U.S. Mint:  both Denver
Condition:  the dime is fine, the penny is gnarly
How much found money to date:  $.76 in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...