Thursday, March 17, 2011

Found a Penny and an Irish Lady Liberty

I rode my bike up to mail some letters and return some movies and books this morning. At the post office, I parked my bike on the sidewalk and dug the letters out of my backpack then dropped them in the mailbox. Right there on the sidewalk with some trash was this penny! Yay!

I got back on my bike and rode to the library. I returned my stuff, found more to bring home, and got back on my bike to ride home. I was stopped at an intersection on Thomas Street when what did my wandering eyes see?

Yes, Lady Liberty (actually it's a dude) all dolled up for St. Patrick's day! He was holding this Liberty Tax sign and had dressed for St. Patrick's Day. Boy, had he. I asked him if I could take his picture and told him I didn't see that every day.

He said, "Of course."

Check him out! He has green shamrock glasses on and his beard is dyed green. I tried not to stare. (Click on the picture for a larger version.)

While I was waiting for the signal to change, there was that awkward silence that always comes after taking a picture such as this and wanting to just rush home to post it online.

I broke the ice and asked him, "So, do you get your taxes done for free?"

"Gosh, yes," was his reply.

Then my light changed and we wished each other a good day and off I went.

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  1996
U.S. Mint:  Denver
Condition:  Dull, dirty
How much found money to date:  $.64 in 2011

3 comments:

  1. This is really interesting! Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog! Nice going to spot found money and Lady Lberty! What a score!

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...