Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dollar Tree Found Money

I volunteered today at Learning Ally then went to the Dollar Tree for a few things. I was cruising the aisles trying to find rolls of brown packaging paper. I couldn't find it any where. But I did spot this penny! So I snatched it up. I asked two clerks, who pointed me in the wrong direction.

So, finally I gave up and decided I'd have to go to one of those stores that charge--gasp!--more than $1 for things. I gave it one more shot and asked the cashier. He said, yes, they had it and told me where it was. So, I paid for what I'd already picked out then went to find it. Could I find it? No. I went back and told him. He had to close his lane so I stood there waiting. While I was standing up front, I spotted this dime! Yay!

He showed me exactly where the "mailing center" was. I'd walked by it at least twice. So, I got what I needed after all and found eleven cents!

Do you shop at dollar stores? If so, which one's your favorite? Have you found any money there (or anywhere) lately?

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination: 1 penny, 1 dime
Year:  1998, 2000
 U.S. Mint:  D, D
Condition:  dingy, shiny
How much found money to date: $2.55 in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...