My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Let This Digital Bank Count Your Found Money

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stopped Traffic to Get a Penny

Well, I didn't actually stop traffic, but I was stopped in traffic.

Today I volunteered then ran some errands. On the way home, I was stopped at a red light. I spotted a penny on the pavement in the left turn lane. I quickly looked in the rear view mirror. No one coming at all, so I was sure I could hop out and grab the penny before a car came, either behind me or in the turn lane.

I was right. I snapped up the penny and was back in the car buckled up before the light turned green. A dime yesterday, a penny today. Hot diggedy!

So, as I drove home I wondered:  Am I the only one who would get out of the car at a red light for a penny? Have you ever? Would you? I'm curious to know.

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination: 1 penny
Year: 2005
 U.S. Mint:  D
Condition: beat to hell, it had been sitting on the street a long time, I think
How much found money to date: $2.42 in 2011

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing my link with others!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails