Saturday, September 10, 2011

Found Two Cents and a Rock to Paint

I ran some errands this morning, first to the thrift store (half off day!) and found a penny as I got out of my car and was walking in. Yay! Then I drove to Dollar Tree (needed gift wrap, coffee filters, all that stuff that I see no sense paying more than a buck for) and found another penny  on the sidewalk right in front of the door. Yay! Yay!

I also found the little rock on the right in the photo. I've been doing some rock painting and thought he had a good roundness to him. We'll see what I come up with. Here's a link to my Rock Painting -- How to Paint Rocks article. So far, I've painted the ladybug who's eyeing those pennies, a cat, and a snake. I need lots more practice. Have you ever painted on rocks?

Let us know if you've found any money lately.

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination: 2 pennies
Year: 19994, 2006
U.S. Mint:  both D
Condition: tarnished, one with some green
How much found money to date: $2.06 in 2011

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Mandy! I'm having fun painting these rocks. I think the ladybug is the best one so far. That must mean I'm going downhill since it was my first one!

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...