Saturday, April 23, 2011

Found a Penny at the 99 Cent Store

Only 98 more of these and I could have bought something for free! I set the penny on a box of tissues I bought there to take this photo. I love the design! The color is a much prettier blue/gray color in person with chocolate brown swirls. Love that brown/blue combination. I think this tissue box will get it's top cut off and I'll use if for storage. Am I the only dork who does that?

Have you found any money lately? I posted a recent found money blog entry on Facebook and look who commented that they had recently found money:

  • Kathryn found a $5 bill on the ground when she got out of her car at the grocery store! Way to go!
  • George "saw a five dollar bill on a table at 5 Guys Burgers- someone grabbed it before I had a chance!" Better luck next time, George.
  • Joyce said, " Last week I found a $1 bill outside my local Subway (the food place, not the London Underground LOL)." I'd take it! 
I have yet to find any bills since I started my found money blog. How about you? Have you found any money of any kind?


This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  1992
U.S. Mint:  Denver
Condition:  plenty tarnished
How much found money to date:  $.83 in 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...