Monday, April 18, 2011

Found a Penny with Some Help

Today my grandson and I took the garbage and recycling out to the dumpsters. This is quite the fun job for him. He is 3, going on 30, and always wants me to read the labels on the dumpsters warning about not climbing in, on, or around the dumpster or filling them unevenly and what can and can't be put in the dumpsters (can't = no tires, no liquids or chemicals, no biohazardous waste to name just a few). Fascinating stuff!

When we were done, we were walking back home and found this penny on the ground!

We went to the library Saturday and found one of his favorite movie, I Stink! If you haven't had the pleasure of  watching this one, I highly recommend it. It is a Storybook Treasures DVD with six fun, short stories. "I Stink" is one of the stories; it's the tale of a garbage truck! The other stories on "I Stink" are "Trashy Town," "Arnie the Doughnut," "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel," "The Remarkable Riderless Runaway Tricycle," and "The Beast of Monsieur Racine." Good times, let me tell ya!

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  1975
U.S. Mint:  no mark
Condition:  dull and dirty
How much found money to date:  $.82 in 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...