Wednesday, February 23, 2011

America the Beautiful Quarter and 12 cents!

Yesterday I ran a few errands and found a dime in my driveway then 2 pennies in the parking lot at Fresh and Easy. Woo hoo! Then later, I was looking through my change in my purse and found a quarter I'd never seen before. It was an America the Beautiful quarter, the first quarter released in the series:   the Hot Springs National Park. The quarter features a  doorway of the main Park’s building with a fountain in front at Hot Springs National Park.

I read about this programs, and five quarters were released last year. The others are Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, and Mount Hood national parks. Hmmm. Has anyone seen any of these quarters before? I can't believe I've missed them!

Look for a park to visit yourself at ParkGrades!

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 dime, 2 pennies
Year:  2006, 1999, 2009
U.S. Mint:  all Denver
Condition:  Good
How much found money to date:  $.49 in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...