Sunday, January 14, 2018

2018 is Looking Up ~ See What I Found!

Well, you know how I spent most of 2017 griping about not finding any paper money (till late December that is). I won't be guilty of that this year! 


I found a dollar bill on the floor of the dollar store last week! It was just lying there next to the little candy vending machines. No one was around so I walked over and at first thought it was a piece of paper crumpled up. But when I got closer I saw it was a dollar. Woo to the hoo!!

Here's a photo of Mister Tom checking out the found money for the week.

And in addition to the dollar bill, this week I also found my first foreign money of the year. I found a coin from Tanzania!

PLUS I found another dollar and 42 cents in change! So that makes this found money total $2.42 (plus the Tanzania coin, which I don't count in my found money total).


I looked up the Tanzania money and found this info: 

100 Shilingi
1993-2015
Brass plated Steel – 9 g – ø 24.5 mm
KM# 32, Schön# 35

I checked this website and the coin is worth... wait for it... 4 cents US. But that's okay because I'll probably give it to my grandson who collects foreign coins. He can add it to his collection.

So, I was thinking about the money I've found so far this year. More than $2 each week. That means if this keeps up I'm on track to find $100 (or more) this year. Woo hoo! We'll see how long the two dollars a week holds up.

Have you found any money lately? Please let us know.

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  22 pennies, 2 nickels, 6 dimes, 2 quarters, 1 dollar bill, 1 coin from Tanzania
Year:  too many to mess with
U.S. Mint:  same
Condition:  shiny to tarnished
Total Found Money in 2018 to Date:  $4.52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...