My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

I Did It! I Did It! $100+ Found in 2015

Today I was on a mission.

As I mentioned in my last post, as of Tuesday, December 29, I had found $99.85 this year! I had to find 15 cents more to make it an even $100. Or more, of course!


Yesterday on my walk I found two pennies and a dime so that brought the year's total to $99.97. Not good enough! 

This morning I went to two thrift stores and three other stores and only found 1 penny in the parking lot in front of Big Lots. Ugh. So this afternoon I took my last walk of 2015. I went my regular route and didn't find a thing! Then as I was about to head home, I scouted out the McDonald's drive through and yep, there it was! I found 37 cents (two pennies, a dime, and a quarter). Whoopee!

So that brings my found money total for 2015 to $100.35! I'm tickled pink!

How about starting a found money challenge yourself for 2016? Here's a fun bank to help you know where that money should go. It helps kids learn about sharing, spending, and saving money. 




Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  5 pennies, 2 dimes, 1 quarter
Year:  too many to mess with
U.S. Mint:  same
Condition:  shiny to tarnished
Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $100.35


4 comments:

  1. Really marvelous that you hit the $100 mark. Tell us if you have any special plans for your found money. A big splurge, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Virginia! I've never spent any of my found money. I'm not sure what I'll do with it when I finally decide. I have had to add a second large jar since I filled one!

      Delete
  2. Peggy, This is a marvelous story I thoroughly enjoyed. I can't wait to see how much 2016 holds for you. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is really a fun accomplishment. I found a sea coral encrusted penny in Mexico last week. Kept it for a mosaic I'm planning.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails