Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Found a Penny Stuck in the Tar

I volunteered today and read a book about Eisenhower. He was president when I was born so don't recall a thing about his presidency first hand, and I don't remember learning much about him in school either. I read near the end of the book and learned a few things with the 20 or so pages I read. One thing I read was that he was a president who didn't just jump into wars, which is a fine trait, I think. He helped get British troops out of the Suez Canal area so it could be opened again for trade. Very interesting.

When I was finished recording two files, I drove to Fresh and Easy (am I predictable or what?). On the way into the store, I spotted a penny stuck in the tar. I wasn't sure I'd be able to pry it up but it must have just fallen there. I lifted it right up with my finger.

Since it came right up, it must not have had too many cars drive over it either. The high today was 109 so the tar melts and with a little pressure, the coin get sucked down into the gunk.

Have you found any money lately?

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination: 1 penny
Year: 1995
U.S. Mint: no mark
Condition: tarnished but in good shape
How much found money to date: $2.01 in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...