Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May Day!

It is a gorgeous day in the 'hood but the heat is coming so after watching Leatherheads (dirty, dirty George Clooney and John Krasinski, but they looked fine) I made myself get up off the couch and go ride my bike. It was a bit breezy but lovely out. Cool and fresh. So, I was riding home from tooling around up and down side streets, and at 35th and Osborne I spotted this little guy:

He was filthy, dirty, not unlike George and John, but that never stopped me.

In honor of May Day, I took some pictures of the flowering bushes around this place before they droop and melt in the heat. When I was little, on May Day, we would pick flowers that we put in paper baskets we'd made just for the occasion and leave them on old ladies' doorknobs. We'd ring the doorbell and run. Sort of like backwards Halloween. I loved it!



The white flowers are white oleander. Good book. Deadly flower.

The yellow ones, I call yellow trumpet flowers. They grow on bushes. No idea what their real name is. Pretty though!

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination: 1 penny
Year:  1982
U.S. Mint:  Denver
Condition:  beat up, run over, dirty
How many coins/bills found to date:  25
How much found money to date:  $.43

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...