My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

What a lovely windy, cool day to find a penny

We are having a nice break from the heat today. Yesterday it was 90+ degrees F, today a high of 71! Yes! This is my kind of weather! So, I took advantage and rode my bike to the post office this morning. At 38th and Indian School while waiting to cross the street, I spotted this guy:

A nice shiny penny! It looked much shinier on the sidewalk. I didn't wait to take a picture there; this was taken on the sidewalk in front of my house after I got home. It is really windy here like the rest of the country but that just gave me a better workout, which I need.

Have you found any money lately? I'm going to list all of the found money friends and family have told me about recently. There's a lot of loose change floating around!


This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination: 1 penny
Year:  1974 

U.S. Mint:  No mint mark! I don't recall seeing (not seeing) this before so I had to go look. 

Here's what I found at Penny Facts at the Chrissman-Scottman Summer School Web site:  "Denver stamps a "D" on the coin and Philadelphia stamps a "P" on the coin but on the penny leaves it blank. Thus a penny with no mint mark was made in Philadelphia." Who knew? Not me!

Condition:  a little dirty
How many coins/bills found to date:  24 

How much found money to date:  $.42

2 comments:

  1. I have dreams of finding money. They are usually large silver coins in the dirt. No idea of denomination. I've had them consistently through the years so it must mean something. I have also read you should manifest finding money. It's an interesting process that I use to get parking spaces. Think I'll try it on "finding" money. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I like this. I should say to myself, "I am about to find a twenty dollar bill" more often!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails