Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lucky Penny Day!

Today, May 23 is Lucky Penny Day! I haven't been lucky and found a penny today. Have you?

I'm "borrowing" the following info from the Holiday Insights Web site:


It's Lucky Penny Day. Perhaps a Lucky Penny will be lucky for you today.


Taken at face value, a penny doesn't buy you much, if anything. It used to. During your parents and grandparents days, a penny bought a lot of things. Most notably, Penny Candy got its name because a piece of candy cost a penny. Inflation year after year after year, eroded the penny's value. There has even been some discussion as to whether to discontinue the penny....Heaven forbid!


The penny still serves a very useful purpose...  at least some of them are lucky pennies.  Lucky pennies are found on the ground. Not all of the pennies you find will be lucky. But, it will only take one lucky penny used to scratch off the mega winner on a a scratch-off ticket.

 
Are you superstitious? Superstition has it that you should only pick up a penny that is lying face up.

Here are some other uses for pennies:
  • A penny for your thoughts.
  • To put your "two cents" in.
  • A necessity for penny pinchers
  • A handy screwdriver when nothing else is available.
~~~
So, it's me again. Are you superstitious? Do you only pick up pennies that are face up? I guess I'm not because to me, they're all fair game.

Happy Lucky Penny Day!
Peggy (and don't call me Penny)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...