Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Clean Sweep

I was helping my daughter clean her house yesterday. I know, you're jealous! Well, after cleaning the bathroom, sweeping the patio and scrubbing the table out there, vacuuming the air vents, and helping take off the dust ruffle to be washed, I ventured outside to the front of the house.

It was a hot and muggy day, but the carport had a pile of crud that had blown in that I had to sweep up. As I was using the big broom to corral the mess, I heard a tinkle on the concrete. I looked down and saw this penny.


A penny for my efforts! Between that and a hug and kiss from my grandson, all the work was worth it.

Have you ever found money at someone's house and kept it?

BTW, I told my daughter I found this penny and that I was keeping it. She said it was fine. She knows about this blog, and she used to throw pennies away when she little. Shame! Of course she rarely emptied her trash can, so I usually found them, but still.

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination: 1 penny
Year:  1989
U.S. Mint:  Denver
Condition:  filthy dirty
How many coins/bills found to date:  23
How much found money to date:  $.41

3 comments:

  1. I threw away pennies? I can see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up to 41 cents......gee, it's looking like a dry spell so far. Come over to any parking lot in my part of the planet and you'll soon have enough to buy a shave ice, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Liz, you did! Veryirie, I would love to come visit your parking lots! I can buy part of a candy bar. Dry spell for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...