Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Pennies Found in Change

Not found money that I can count, but I just found these 2 pennies, and I feel like I'm way behind times. I just noticed 2 shiny new pennies in my change yesterday. And these weren't normal new pennies. These are the new Lincoln one-cent design that was launched in February. What rock have I been living under?

Take a look. Not a great picture, but the shield shows in the penny on the left. Lincoln looks the same and has a new 2010 date. But the new pennies are beautiful, even though they feel light, like ramped up Monopoly money if Monopoly dealt in coins.

Have you seen the new penny? What do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. lol and you thought you were behind the times.. Its almost August and I just found one on the ground. Thought it was play kids Money!! Did a lookup for it to find when they started to make them and found this page first. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Thanks for stopping by. It's so fun to find money, even if it does look like play money.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...