Monday, March 1, 2010

Road Burn

Tonight as I was leaving the grocery store parking lot, I spotted a penny out my side car window. I had just backed out of the parking space and a truck was behind me, but that didn't stop my pursuit of the penny. No!

I braked, opened my car door, put the car in park, and leaned out to get the penny. The penny was farther away than I thought and I got road burn on the hand I reached with. It's a memory already. Gone.

So here's the penny. It's seen better days, for sure. Very beat up. Like Abe got in a fight and lost.

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination: 1 penny
Year:  1977
U.S. Mint:  Denver
Condition:  Beat up, dinged
How many coins/bills found to date:  15
How much found money to date:  $.33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...