Sunday, January 17, 2010

Paydirt!

Yes, that's right. Today I hit paydirt! I was riding my bike along 32nd Street approaching Indian School when my cell phone rang. I keep it and my camera and keys in an old camera bag (from an old, larger digital camera), so I had to pull off the busy street to answer it. It was my son.

I hadn't seen my lucky charms (his children / my grandchildren) since last Saturday, thus no update to this blog. No lucky charms, no found money. But the two of them were chattering away in the background, and after a few minutes, I decided to keep riding my bike. I pulled into a parking lot at 32nd Street and Indian School to ride around there until we finished talking so I could hear.

I rode my bike through the drive through of a bank. Ta da! PAYDIRT! First one penny! That's it up yonder by my bike tire.


Then another!
This little guy to the left.

With this sudden good luck streak, my son said he'd keep talking (so I could find more). I did--another penny. Well, I was thrilled and told my son, "Three cents! That's what I've found total so far!"


THEN after I'd put my camera away and as I was shoving the pennies in my pocket getting ready to get back on my bike, I saw it winking at me. That's right, a dime!


What a day. $.13 in one fell swoop.



What I am so thrilled about is that FINALLY I found some coins while on my bike. I've been riding my bike nearly every day for at least three weeks now and this is the first time I've found anything. Yippie!

This Found Money FACTS:
Denominations: 3 pennies, 1 dime
Years:  Pennies:  1981, 1984, 1970; Dime:  1999
U.S. Mints:  Pennies:  Denver; Dime:  Philadelphia
Condition:  Mostly beat up
How many coins/bills found to date:  7
How much found money to date:  $.16

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Seeing your blog made me want to keep track of found money as well. My blog will be more on frugal living but found money doesn't hurt as well! Today I found 2 pennies outside an ATM :-)

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...