Thursday, August 17, 2017

Found Money Blog: A Dime Blank on One Side, a Mexican Coin, and Lots of Coins

I found a fun coin about a week ago. It's a 1999 dime that's blank on the back side. The photo shows this coin in the very front of the picture. I found the one-sided dime in a change tray of a coin machine along with a handful of other coins. I don't get why people leave money behind. I guess so I can find it, is all I can figure.

So, I love my one-sided blank dime, but I also found a Mexican $1 coin! Yay! I also love finding foreign coins. And see the little Adidas token? I don't know what it was used for exactly but I found it in the same change tray as the dime, I think. I found the tiny little charm that is marked "hairzing" today in a parking lot. No idea what it is either but I can't leave junk on the ground. No way, no how.

Okay, I was curious. Evidently HairZing is a brand of hair products. Here are some of the HairZing combs:



       

So, along with these fun pieces I also found a lot of coins! The total is $4.57. Not a bad amount of found money for a few weeks.

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  37 pennies, 2 nickels, 16 dimes plus an error dime (only stamped on one side), 9 quarters, a Mexican $1 coin, and Adidas token and a HairZing charm
Year:  too many to mess with
U.S. Mint:  same
Condition:  shiny to tarnished
Total Found Money in 2017 to Date:  $34.60

2 comments:

  1. I can't leave things lying either. I found a kid's plastic token money for something the last time I was in New York - and at least $1 in change in 2 weeks. People let dimes and nickels just drop? This is news to me, as in the UK, I'm lucky to find anything bigger than a 5 pence piece (the same size as a dime but smaller than a nickel).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy, isn't it? I just got home from running a few errands. I found 2 pennies, 2 nickels, and 2 dimes! A few on the floor of stores and some in the parking lot, one in a newspaper vending machine change tray.

      Delete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...