Saturday, March 19, 2016

Found $1.30 in Change Here, There, and Everywhere, Well, not everywhere

I've been a slacker. I haven't updated this blog since March 6. What is that? Almost two weeks? Sorry! 

In that time I found $1.30 in change. Just today I found the most of any day in the past two weeks:  57 cents! All dimes and pennies. It's so strange when that happens, but I found five dimes and seven pennies. Today I found the money in drive through lanes, parking lots, and the floor of a couple stores. 

And here's a picture of one of the finished nightstands that I was painting last time I posted. I ended up giving them each a good coat of paint on the flat surfaces (copper on top and blue on the lower surface). I like 'em! I'm using one as a microwave stand and the other in the bathroom. I haven't really stored anything in the bathroom one yet, but plan to keep wash cloths and hand towels in it, I think. And I'll find a pretty to put on top. The tissue box was just handy!

I used this poly sealer to seal the paint once I was done and liked how easy it went on. 

Have you found any money lately? Do share!

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  30 pennies, 1 nickel, 7 dimes, 1 quarters
Year:  too many to mess with
U.S. Mint:  same
Condition:  shiny to tarnished 
Total Found Money in 2016 to Date:  $8.16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...