Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Found a Jackpot at the Grocery Store with Lots of Foreign Coins

Today I ran some errands and at the grocery store there was a jackpot in the chain tray of the coin machine. No one was around so I scooped it up. I found $2+, including a 1940 Wheat penny. There were also quite a few foreign coins:

  • a quarter from Canada
  • a $1 coin from Hong Kong
  • one $10, two $5, two $1, and one 50 cent Mexican coins

So with today haul and what I had found previously, I found $2.41 plus those foreign coins and a play penny. Yee haw!

Here's a cool gift idea for a coin collector.



Have you found any money lately?

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  16 pennies, 1 nickel, 12 dimes, 6 quarters and 8 foreign coins and play money (a penny)
Year:  too many to mess with
U.S. Mint:  same
Condition:  shiny to tarnished
Tot
al Found Money in 2016 to Date:  $38.60

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...