Thursday, July 14, 2011

Found Four Pennies at Michael's

Today I ran out to run some errands before it got too hot. I bought some blockout fabric at the fabric store to add another layer to my patio door that faces east. The morning sun coming in the spare room is horrible. This should help.

Then I drove to Michael's for a few things I actually needed. And speaking of Michael's, have you taken the kiddos to any of their Crafts Around the World events? Saturday they're making crafts from the United Kingdom. The schedule goes through July 30. Check it out here.

While I was checking out I spotted four pennies on the floor. Yay! This month has been slim pickin's and I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever find another cent.

Have you found any money lately? We'd love to hear about it!

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  4 pennies
 Year:  1973, 1997, 2000, 2008
 U.S. Mint:  D, D, no mark, D
Condition:  all are dirty and tarnished
How much found money to date:  $1.86 in 2011

2 comments:

  1. We don't have a Michael's in the islands so I'm out of luck there, but as for finding a few coins.....I'm always on the lookout. How are you doing this year compared to last at this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,first things first. Do you have Hobby Lobby!? I hope so! If not, where do you shop? WalMart? Joanne's?

    Last year this time, I'd only found about 90 cents so doing better this year, though July has been mighty slim pickens! It probably because I'm not out and about much with the heat. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...